Natalia Garcia, RDN, IFNCP, CHWC
Board Certified Integrative and Funcitonal Nutrition Practitioner
Natalia is a Registered Licensed Dietitian (RD/LDN), Board Certified Functional Nutrition Practitioner (IFNCP) and Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Certified Instructor (MB-EAT-C) who specializes in motivating individuals to achieve optimal health, fitness, and overall well-being. Specializes in serving individuals and corporations with hands on cooking, virtual self-passed Nutrition and Wellness employee health programs.
Natalia has over 15 years of experience working with patients, athletes, physicians and colleagues in a variety of settings such as corporate, clinical and private practices. Her passion is to use the latest research to find the root cause of disease and body’s systems imbalances to significantly improve health outcomes. Her clients know her as their “friendly accountability voice” because she motivates, educates and empowers while following a food as medicine approach.
She helps people leverage what they eat to impact meaningful shifts in their health considering their readiness to change. Her client approach integrates a comprehensive knowledge based of Integrative and Functional Nutrition (IFN) and client-centered, strength-based approach to defining and reclaiming their nutritional wellbeing. Natalia has learned that food is information and that food based nourishment can determine the way we feel on a day to day basis considering its implications for digestive health, energy function, central nervous system regulation, brain function, cardiovascular, metabolic, immune system and hormonal health through disease prevention.
Mindfulness-Based Eating and Living Awareness Training. It is a holistic non-diet approach to mindful eating and living, it is specially designed for weight loss, binge eating disorder, but it can be for anyone that would like to eat with presence and consciousness and it can help with IBS, GERD, and other ailments because you tune in to your bodily sensations and learn how to intertwin with the knowledge you have about food and diets. It is the most amazing way to really build a wonderful relationship with food and yourself.
Licensure & Certifications:
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission of Dietetic Registration #1105357.
- Dietitian/Nutritionist Florida Licensure ND6527.
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner Credential (IFNCP) ID# 451CP1218.
- Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Certified Instructor MB-EAT-C
- Certified Lifestyle Coach for the CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program. YMCA
- Diabetes Prevention Lifestyle Coach.
- Wellness Core Coach and certification by Wellcoaches, School of Coaching.
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN) by the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
- Adult, Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management certified by the Commission of Dietetic Registration.
Conditions treated and areas of skilled specialty:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Arthritis, Chronic Inflammation and Autoimmune Conditions
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Pre-diabetes, Diabetes
- Food allergies, intolerances, sensitivities including: Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Gastric Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Fatty Liver
- Eating Disorders
- Cellular Detoxification and Mitochondrial support
- Cognitive and Neurological disorders (ADHD, Parkinson’s, dementia, PANDAS)
- Cardiovascular imbalances (high cholesterol, high triglycerides, hypertension)
- Motivation, empowerment and accountability – Certified Health and Wellness Coach (CHWC)
- Vegetarian and vegan nutrition
- Nutrition Deficiencies and Supplementation guidance
- Body composition, sports and performance nutrition
- Adult and adolescent weight management